Monday, February 13, 2012

Just a Little Bit of Hope

BRESMA cuties and their dolls
I awake (very) early, thanks to the stupid rooster, get dressed, and prepare myself for the long journey to the alternate reality of my home in the United States.

On the way to the airport, I see the first quantitative sign of hope post-quake that I have yet encountered. Right before the turn into the airport complex there is a flat, open space of about two acres. Just last November, it was packed to the curb all the way around with tents and tarps and refugees. This morning, only a few scattered tents remain on the barren, exhausted earth. Everyone else has packed up and left. I don't know where they have gone, but it must be better than this camp, which had water and latrines. May it be safe harbor for each of them.

1 comment:

  1. God Bless you and your work in Haiti, Diana! I'm praying for BRESMA, Margarette and all those precious children! I'd love to visit sometime :)

    ReplyDelete