Tuesday, August 7, 2012

IBESR Reopening Delayed

Yesterday Margarette went to IBESR again to inquire about when she would be allowed to submit our new adoption dossiers. She was told by the secretary of the Director of IBESR that she thinks they might not accept new dossiers until September. This is very vague and frustrating news for all of us. The Haitian Crèche Directors’ Association is scheduled to meet on August 9th to discuss the proposed new regulations, after which they will schedule a group meeting with IBESR.
It would appear from both their words and their actions that IBESR remains committed to keeping Haitian adoptions open and improving the safety, ethics, and transparency of the process. Now, if only we could get a DATE when they will reopen…

We will continue to keep you informed with any firsthand information we receive.

No comments:

Post a Comment