Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Last Meeting and Back Home


Denye monn, genyen monn -
"Behind mountains there are mountains"
Our trip is so short that I don’t have time to go up the mountain to visit New Life Link and God’s Littlest Angels.  It’s a shame.  I would love for Danielle to see the beauty of Thomassin.  The view from Dr. Bernard’s balconies at Bethel guest house and from the roof top playground at GLA are breathtaking.
Today I visit Dr. Bernard in his office downtown.  Margarette and Danielle accompany me.  We discuss IBESR’s progress and lack of progress, exchange tips and tricks, and once again I feel honored to work with the partners ABI has.  Each of them has such dedication and integrity.  All are dedicated to helping children, so if they can help each other, they do so without hesitation.  I have been told that in other countries, adoptions facilitators can be competitive and divided.  Not so in Haiti.  We’re all on the same team. 

Finally my work is done, so I can go where I want to be – back to my kids.  I spend several happy hours at BRESMA talking with kids and staff, evaluating new children, taking photos, and relaxing.  My husband jokingly describes my trips as my Caribbean vacations.  This afternoon, I couldn’t argue with him.  I leave refreshed and ready to fight the next round for my kids.  And the one after that, and the one after that…

No comments:

Post a Comment